First of all, part of Hawaiian culture, ʻohana‘ means family in an extended sense of the term, including blood-related, adoptive or intentional. With that being said, almost every resort in Maui is going to be family friendly- even the same ones that many of My Vacation Lady’s honeymooners go to and love.
Of the top 5 star resorts in Maui, each is family friendly with wonderful amenities available for kids.
Which luxury resort in Maui is best for families?
The Fairmont Kea Lani has the perfect accommodations for families- each room is a 2 room suite! They also have 2 and 3 bedroom villas. Some of the FREE kid’s amenities that they offer are:
- a kid’s sized lei upon arrival
- sand bucket and shovel to play at the beach
- kid’s splash pool
- 140 ‘ water slide
- Hawaiian Canoe Experience for kids 10 and up
The Grand Wailea is a family friendly paradise. Some of the Grand Wailea’s kid’s amenities include:
- Wailea Canyon Pool with waterslides, rapids, 6 waterfalls, caves and a rope swing
- Baby Beach is a kids sized sand bottom pool
- The Rock is a huge mini resort for kids of all ages including a teens only room, video games, keiki camps and the Fishpipe (thrill ride). There may be fees involved for some of the activities.
The Four Seasons Maui at Wailea may not be your first idea of a great family friendly resort but it can be. Their Kids for All Seasons program for kids 5-12 includes indoor and outdoor activities and is free. Their evening programs (include a buffet dinner) has a nominal charge. The resort can provide complimentary essentials like strollers, playpens, high chairs and baby monitors. There are in room kid sized robes and bath toiletries so the kids can feel as pampered as the adults.
My Vacation Lady is a Hawaii Destination Specialist and experienced in helping our clients plan their dream vacations and honeymoons. Whether you are planning a family vacation, special occasion vacation or honeymoon, let us guide you to the best destination and resort for you.