Please share with a friend:
My Vacation Lady gets this question ALL THE TIME…..What can we get for our honeymoon budget?
Over the next few weeks, we’ll try to give you some ideas of what your honeymoon budget will buy in 2017.
We’ve been talking about how to plan a realistic honeymoon budget for the last few weeks and just to help you get a better idea of what $5000 might get you, we’ve gone through our client’s reservations for 2017 to give you some idea of what $5000 will get you for your honeymoon.
Each of these reservations are ones that our clients have booked for 2017
- 6 nights in Iceland with airfare from JFK in January. Kelli and Doug spent 2 nights in a 4 star hotel in Reykjavik with breakfast daily and took a Northern Lights by boat excursion, rented an SUV for 5 days and drove the southern part of the Ring Road. They saw volcanoes, waterfalls, enjoyed a guided tour by Super Jeep, took a guided tour into one of the most stuffing ice caves, and enjoyed the Blue Lagoon, all while staying in some great hotels around Iceland.
- 7 nights in an adult only all inclusive resort in Punta Cana in February. Erica and Justen stayed in a concierge level ocean view junior suite at a brand new beachfront adult only all inclusive with concierge service and a wonderful honeymoon package (including a romantic beachfront dinner, breakfast in bed 1 morning and a couples spa treatment.) Round trip airport transfers were included.
- 7 nites in Hawaii Island in April- Todd and Jess used points for flights and we filled in the rest. They are staying for 5 nites in a 5 star property in the Big Island and then spending 2 nights in Hawaii Volcanoes National Park at a hotel within the park. They will have a car for the length of stay and a few neat excursions (Flumin’ the Ditch, Star Gazing at Mauna Kea) and travel insurance.
- 7 nights in an all inclusive resort in Aruba in April- Harleen and Chirag are staying in an oceanview suite at an all inclusive resort in Aruba for a week with airfare from Newark, round trip airport transfers and enough left in their $5000 budget for a couple of fun excursions.
- 7 nights in an adult only all inclusive resort in the Riviera Maya in May. Jaime and Albe had a $4000 budget and they are staying in a 5 star adult only all inclusive resort in the Riviera Maya with airfare from Newark, round trip airport transfers and travel insurance.
- 7 nights in a butler service suite in Punta Cana with first class air in May. Steph and Pat are spending a week in a butler level swim up suite within the adult only section of a brand new resort in Punta Cana. They are flying first class from Newark. Transfers and travel insurance are included.
- 9 nights in Costa Rica in June- Rebecca and Alex are visiting 3 different areas of Costa Rica and are going to have a fabulous honeymoon. They used points for flights but we helped with the rest. They are starting off with 4 nites in an adult only all inclusive resort in the Papagayo area of Costa Rica. They are taking a sunset catamaran cruise while there. They have private transfers to a great hotel in Arenal, where they are staying for 3 nights. They will be doing a zipline excursion, hanging bridges excursion and going white water rafting. From there, they have private transfers to an eco lodge in the cloud forest that includes entrance to the nature and water fall park. Private transfers to the San Jose airport ends their honeymoon.
- 7 nites in Costa Rica in August with airfare from Kansas City – Sharon and Alex are flying to the beach area (Guanacaste) and staying for 4 nights in a concierge level ocean view bungalow at an adult only all inclusive resort in the Papagayo area. Transfers are included to the hotel and then to their next hotel in the Arenal area. They are spending 3 nights in a deluxe casita with breakfast and with views of the volcano. The will take private transfer to the San Jose airport before flying home.
- 7 nites in a casita with pool in the Riviera Maya in September. Mike and Sue are staying in a casita with a infinity pool at a 5 star adult only resort in the Riviera Maya. Their honeymoon includes nonstop round trip airport transfers and travel insurance.
- 7 nites in a adult only all inclusive resort in St Lucia in early December. Shannon and Ricardo are heading to St Lucia for their honeymoon. They are flying nonstop from Newark and spending a week in a Luxury Ocean View Junior Suite at a new adult only all inclusive resort. They included travel insurance and round trip airport transfers. Their budget was $4000.
Obviously, prices are always changing based on the cost of airfare, the time of year and current hotel promotions but hopefully, this might give you some idea of what you can get for a budget of $5000.
My Vacation Lady takes the personal approach to honeymoon planning. We will customize a honeymoon package just for the 2 of you and we try to work within most budgets.
We are the highest rated honeymoon specialist located in New Jersey on both Wedding Wire and the Knot. Let us show you how our personalized approach to honeymoon planning will make your honeymoon one you are sure to remember for a lifetime.
Contact My Vacation Lady to set up your honeymoon consultation.