At My Vacation Lady, we’ve been seeing an increase in interest in girls getting away without the guys for a long weekend or week or even more.
What could be better than spending some time with your BFF’s on a beach, enjoying some spa treatments, taking in the sights or just kicking back and relaxing?
How about a stress and worry free planning process?
That’s where the vacation specialists at My Vacation Lady can help.
Here are some of our favorite tips on planning a girls’ getaway:
- Plan far enough in advance to get time off from work and get child care arrangements squared away.
- Set a budget that you are all comfortable with– but make it realistic.
- Not everyone’s wallets can handle the same budget so talk about this first before starting to make your plans.
- Decide on what type of vacation are you looking for.
- Do you want to lay on a beach with a drink in your hand?
- Do you want a spa vacation?
- Do you want specific sports or activities- perhaps fitness classes, yoga, dance, golf, scrap booking, hiking or cooking?
- Do you want a fashion inspired vacation? Or one that is inspired by a book or movie?
- Do you want a wine or food inspired vacation?
- Make sure all of your travel documents are up to date (like passports, etc) before you book the trip. Many destinations will require your passports to be valid for 6 months after your date of return.
- Coordinate wardrobes— not color coordinated but rather, are you taking sun dresses for dinner or shorts?
One of the most important tip we can offer is to use a vacation specialist who can coordinate the trip planning seamlessly, especially if you are coming from different parts of the country. At My Vacation Lady, we can assist with details, both big and small.