My Vacation Lady has been taking our kids on cruises since they were 10 and 12 and once they became adults, they have cruised with their friends and later on, with their spouses and significant others. We enjoy cruising. It’s easy and it’s fun.
But cruising with kids is different than just cruising as a couple or even with friends. You have more to take into consideration and some may be more important based on the children’s ages.
- Is the cruise ship kid friendly?
- How is the kid’s club?
- What is the minimum age of the kids club? (My niece is cruising with her 2 year old and 5 year old so we needed to check on the program for her toddler)
- What are the age groups of the kids club?
- Will there be things for the kids to do, if they don’t want to stay in the kid’s program all day?
- How large are the cabins and what will the bedding be in the cabin?
- If there a bathtub in the cabin?
- Is babysitting available?
- Are the ports of call kid friendly?
- What if your child is not interested in going off the ship— does the kids club operate during port days?
To read a bit more about cruising, click here
With all of the new features that some of the new cruise ships have, it may be hard to figure out which may be the best for your family. Contact My Vacation Lady. We can help steer you in the right direction.