Booking a Walt Disney World vacation is easy. Planning what you’re going to see and do and experience while you are there may be another story and that’s where the Disney Specialists of My Vacation Lady can help
Here are some WDW need to know tips from My Vacation Lady’s Disney Specialists:
- Prices are now available through the end of 2019. Book early for the best availability. A $200 deposit will lock in your reservation (room + park tickets) and IF your plans change, you have until final payment to cancel for a refund.
- Sometimes the Free Dining Offers are not the best promotion for you. Let us price various options for you to figure out what is best.
- There are no coffee makers in the rooms at the All Star Resorts so if you don’t function without your morning cup of coffee, bring your own mini coffee maker or consider another hotel.
- When you use Disney’s Magical Express transportation, luggage handling is included. If your room is not ready, the luggage may be stored with the bell services staff and will be delivered later in the day. We’ve heard of really long delays (up to 7 or 8 hours) so if you need access to anything in your luggage, pack them in a carry-on/bag that you can keep with you. There are luggage lockers available at each park in the event your room is not ready, if you need to take you carry-on with you OR better yet, you could also leave it with bell services desk at your resort.
- Disney has replaced their Do Not Disturb signs with a Room Occupied sign. Aside from the maid service (called Mousekeeping), hotel personnel are now required to enter and visually inspect each room, each day. If your “Room Occupied” sign has been up for an extended period of time, you may get a call from security to set up a time to inspect the room.
- Magic Bands- Don’t pack them in your checked luggage. You’ll need them to board the Magical Express bus (from the airport) or at the resort gate (if you are driving)
- If you need to call the front desk- don’t call. Go to the front desk. The extension on your room phone will actually call an off site call center.
- On-line check in- If you have done on-line check in, you’ll get a text when your room is ready and will send you your room #. Your MagicBands will be activated and you can head straight for the parks until your room is ready. Once your room is ready, you’ll use your MagicBands to enter your room.
- If you are celebrating anything- birthday, anniversary, honeymoon, etc, go to guest services at one of the parks to get your special, complimentary celebration buttons!!
- My Disney Experience App- this will be your lifeline for everything Disney. Download this app before you depart and familiarize yourself with the features. It will show you your park tickets, dining credits, fast passes and photo pass pictures. But as wonderful as it is, it is only technology so please do keep a keep a written copy of your dining reservations and fast passes (even in another location on your phone)
- Disney loves repeat guests and so does My Vacation Lady. Many times there will be a Bounce Back offer in your room (or on the resort’s TV channel). This promotion offers you a special promotion on a future trip if you book and put down a deposit BEFORE you check out. You would call extension 8844 from your room to book this special. Should you decide to take advantage of this offer, please tell them you would like to use your current travel agent. If the Cast Member seems to have trouble with this request, we can always do a transfer when you get home so please let us know that you booked a Bounce Back Offer.
- Booking direct with Disney isn’t cheaper than booking with My Vacation Lady, so why go crazy with trying to figure out dining, fast passes, etc when we can do it for you.
Wishing you a Magical Vacation!