My Vacation Lady plans hundreds of honeymoons a year and sometimes our honeymooners won’t take their honeymoon right after the wedding. This year, we’ve had lots of belated honeymoons. We wondered what makes couples decide to delay their honeymoons and there were many different reasons.
1. A few of our couples had school conflicts . Teachers typically can’t take off from school for a week or 2 to take a honeymoon and we had a few of that happen this year. Amy is a teacher and since she and Frank wanted to go to Alaska for their honeymoon, they waited until school was out to take their cruise in August.
2. House trumps honeymoon— We’ve had a few of those as well. Many of our couples invest a lot of time and money into their first homes and decide to delay their honeymoon until they’ve fixed up their house a bit.
3. More and more couples are paying for their weddings and just don’t have the money to go on a honeymoon right after the wedding. Ray and Rachel got married in May but are postponing their Bali and Maldives honeymoon until August so they could count on some of the wedding gifts to pay for some of the honeymoon.
4. Work projects wouldn’t allow Danielle and Brian to take their honeymoon right after their May wedding. so they headed to Tahiti in late June – about a month after their wedding.
5. Waiting for the best weather- Steve and Samantha got married in May but wanted to get out of Pittsburgh for the winter. They honeymooned in Costa Rica in February. Kylie and Marc got married in April but really wanted to honeymoon in Greece so they postponed their honeymoon by a month.
Do any of these reasons sound familiar? Does your situation sound similar? Perhaps you too should consider delaying your honeymoon until you have the time and the funds to really have the honeymoon that you really want.
Here are some other times when it makes sense to delay your honeymoon:
- you are dreaming of a honeymoon in the Greek islands but your wedding is in November and the Greek Islands are virtually closed during that time of year.
- you are dreaming of a tropical beach resort in the Caribbean or Mexico but don’t want to risk going during hurricane season.
- your dream honeymoon is going to the South Pacific but you are getting married in January- their rainy season.
The experienced team at My Vacation Lady can help guide you in the best destinations and times to go on your dream honeymoon. We can also help if you feel more comfortable delaying your honeymoon until the time is right. As the top rated honeymoon specialist located in the state of NJ according to the couples on Wedding Wire and the Knot, we won’t be the first to tell you that your honeymoon should be special but we are the right honeymoon specialists to make it special.