My Vacation Lady LOVES Hawaii because each island is so unique and wonderful in it’s own way.
We send a lot of honeymooners and couples to Hawaii,and now, we are getting more and more requests for family vacations to Hawaii.
Ohana means family in Hawaiian and the Hawaiian islands are all family friendly. There are tons of family friendly activities in each of the islands, but for now, let’s focus on great beaches for families.
Hawaii is full of fabulous beaches and in a Facebook poll taken by the readers of Hawaii Magazine , these beaches came out as the top 5.
5. Poipu Beach, Kauai– on the sunny shore of Kauai, this mile long beach is in a series of crescents. The waves are gentle and the water is great for snorkling, swimming or just playing in the water. Watch for the sea turtles or monk seas that take a time out and nap on the beach.
4. Hapuna Beach, Big Island- This 1/2 mile stretch of white sand beach is stunning. With enough wave action for some body surfing, this is a deep beach with lots of space to relax and enjoy the sun.
3. Kailua Beach, Oahu- about 30 minutes north of Honolulu, Kailua Beach is a favorite for windsurfers, parasailing, body surfing and kayaking. It’s just outside of a cute little town, so stop in for lunch or dinner.
2. Ka’anapali Beach, Maui – this West Maui beach is in front of some of the most family friendly hotels. It starts at the Hyatt Regency Maui and ends at the Sheraton’s Black Rock (which is a fantastic place to snorkel right off the beach). If you are in the area in the early evening, don’t miss the cliff diver’s 40 foot dive into the water from Black Rock.
1. Waikiki Beach, Oahu- Every year Waikiki beach is voted the top beach for the entire family. Waikiki Beach is a great place to learn how to stand up on a surf board or to paddle an outrigger canoe. You’ll see plenty of surfers out in the distance waiting for their wave to come in. This 2 mile long beach has several sections with different names and stretches from the Hilton Hawaiian Village all the way to Diamond Head.
With so many great beaches in Hawaii, did you’re make the list or do you have another favorite. Let us know and we’ll add it to our own list of our readers favorite Hawaii beaches.
My Vacation Lady is a Hawaii Destination Specialist. We won’t just book your Hawaii vacation– we’ll design your Hawaii vacation experience!