The Covid 19 pandemic has devastated the travel and tourism industry. My Vacation Lady has been in business since 1994 and we have worked through 9/11, viruses, world wide illness threats, hurricanes, earthquakes, volcano eruptions and more but Covid 19 is different than anything else we have survived through.
Most of the United States is still under some sort of stay at home ruling.
- Hawaii is under a 14 day quarantine for all tourists arriving through June 30, 2020.
- The US borders with Mexico and Canada are closed for the next 4 weeks.
- The Alaska cruise season has all but been cancelled.
- Most of the cruise lines have cancelled sailings through the end of September.
- Many of the international escorted tours have been cancelled through the end of August.
- Many flight schedules have been reduced with many flights cancelling at the last minute.
BUT IT ISN’T ALL GLOOM AND DOOM-
- Some of our nation’s parks and beaches are open.
- Domestic hotels are beginning to reopen and the US has some great vacation destinations to explore. We have lists of resorts within the US that will welcome guests this summer.
- Some of the Caribbean islands are now Covid 19 free.
- Puerto Rico, the US Virgin islands and St Vincent and the Grenadines are welcoming American visitors
- More Island nations are starting to open their borders in June like, Antigua, Grenada, Curacao, Dominica, St Kitts, St Martin, St Lucia. Some have restrictions so please be careful to ensure you understand all requirements.
- Some European nations are beginning to open their Borders to EU nation visitors. Hopefully, Greece will allow Americans in by August.
This situation is changing daily and My Vacation Lady is working closely with all of our clients to postpone, reschedule or cancel their June and July vacations and honeymoons. We are hopeful that August will be the month to start traveling again. Our fingers are crossed that Hawaii starts welcoming tourists, without quarantine, in August or September.
While world travel is in flux right now, our team is here to help.