It’s still chilly in the NY/NJ area but it’s warm in Mexico right now and their beach season is still in full force. Considering that Mexico is bordered by the ocean on both sides of the country, that means they have LOTS of beaches. But which one is the best for your next beach vacation or honeymoon?
Let’s take a look at some of the highly recommended beaches in Mexico:
1. One of our favorites is Maroma Beach in the Riviera Maya. Just 45 minutes from the Cancun airport but this beach offers travelers serenity and some great luxury resorts front this beach.
2. Playa Del Amor (Lover’s Beach) in Cabo San Lucas-accessible only by boat, getting to this secluded beach is half the fun. Don’t forget to pack a picnic lunch, since there are no restaurants or other facilities at this secluded beach.
3. Just 30 minutes from Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta Beach is surrounded by resorts, restaurants and shops making this beach an entire vacation destination. If you get tired of the beach, you can always tee off at one of 3 nearby golf courses.
4. Boca Paila (Tulum Beach) in the Riviera Maya– with the archeological ruins of Tulum in the background, this beach is a great place to stop after visiting the ruins and having some lunch or a cool drink.
5. Playa del Carmen Beach in the Riviera Maya- white sand, water sports, dive shops and restaurants and bars just steps away make Playa del Carmen beach one of the best in the Riviera Maya. With some great hotels right on the beach and walking distance to town, staying in Playa del Carmen can combine the best of the beach and nightlife in the Riviera Maya.
6. Playa del Norte in Isla Mujeres is an easy day trip from Cancun or it can be a destination on it’s own. With a small selection of smaller hotels and resorts, the calm waters of this beach offers a laid back beach for relaxing in a hammock or enjoying a meal at a beachside restaurant.
7. With 14 miles of white sand and turquoise waters, Cancun beach is made up of many different named beaches along a very long strip of beach fronting the Caribbean Sea. Along this 14 mile strip, you’ll find Playa Linda, Playa Tortugas, Playa Langosta, Playa Caracol and Playa Las Perlas are on the top of the Cancun Island while Playa Del Ray, Playa Delfines, Playa Choc Mool, Playa Marlin are on the east.
If you are looking for a great beach vacation or honeymoon, let My Vacation Lady help you plan your vacation.