My Vacation Lady gets this question all the time when we are booking our client’s honeymoon packages.

“What name should the bride’s name be booked under, her maiden name or her married name?”

Considering that you won’t get your marriage license for a few weeks after the wedding, if you are taking your honeymoon right after the wedding, you should book your airline tickets in the bride’s maiden name-the name that is currently on her passport.

What if she is getting a new passport just for the honeymoon?  Does she need to leave it in that name until it expires?  Does she have to pay to change her name?

Good NEWS!!!! Newly married women can change the names on their passport for free…

As long as:

1.  Your current passport book is less than 1 year old

2.  you are changing the name due to a recent marriage.

This is the link to the DS-5504 form  that you’ll need to fill out for your name change.

Click Here for the link to the state department’s website.

My Vacation Lady is the top rated honeymoon specialist located in New Jersey according to the couples on both Wedding Wire and the Knot.       We won’t be the first to tell you that your honeymoon should be special but we are the right honeymoon specialist to make it special.

See how My Vacation Lady’s personal approach to honeymoon planning can make the difference and then contact us to schedule your honeymoon consultation!