If you are anything like me, you may want to jump on the first plane and go on a vacation to a beautiful beach resort.
Many of the Caribbean Islands and even some European countries are starting to reopen their borders in June and July BUT should you go?
Just because a border is reopening, that doesn’t mean you should jump on the next plane. Not all hotels and tourist attractions will be open.
Some of the vacation destinations that are reopening may be doing so with restrictions—
- like a negative covid 19 test within 48 hours of arrival
- quarantining of tourists from certain areas
- social distancing, masks, PPE
- no dining plans or reservations in advance
There is still so much going on behind the scenes before I will feel comfortable sending my clients on a vacation in June or July.
- Airlines are still negotiating with the the governments
- Hotels are working on new procedures and putting standards in place in order to qualify to open.
- Airlines may list a flight and then cancel it.
- Hotels are announcing opening dates and then changing them.
No one outside of the travel industry realizes how much work it is taking to just keep track of the countries who are opening their borders and then to see if all Americans will be allowed in or if it will vary by the state of residence.
In my professional opinion, start looking at later August and September for your next vacation. Let’s get the reopening kinks out first.
My Vacation Lady will plan more than your trip. We’ll plan your vacation or honeymoon experience.