My Vacation Lady needs a vacation badly and I’m going to imagine that many of you do as well.
Even as some of the islands in the Caribbean, South Pacific and some of the countries in Europe are beginning to open, what do you need to know?
- Be prepared to wait a long time for your passport renewal or applying for your new passport. There is over a million passports backlogged. The passports are going to be processed again but it won’t be the fast turn around you experienced in the past.
- Be prepared to take a Covid 19 test within 48-72 hours of departure.
- Some of the Caribbean islands are letting you board the plane and arrive in their country, only to be charges (up to $100 US per person in Antigua) to be tested upon arrival.
- Bermuda requires a negative Covid 19 test within 72 hours of boarding the flight to Bermuda, as well as a 2nd test upon arrival. Visitors will be required to quarantine in their rooms until the 2nd test results come back (usually within 24 hours).
- French Polynesia (Tahitian Islands) requires a negative Covid 19 test results within 72 hours of departure in order to board the plane to Tahiti. Random guests will be tested by the Ministry of Health 4 days after arrival and will be required to self quarantine in their accommodations
- Iceland is allowing visitors to arrive as of June 15 and they can be tested upon arrival, if they haven’t been tested just prior to departure.
So what happens is you arrive in your vacation destination and are declared to have Coronavirus?
- Some of the destinations are requiring that you self quarantine in your accommodations (at your expense)
- Jamaica is looking to have a quarantine facility (not sure about that yet)
- You will not be able to enjoy the hotel facilities or the destination since you will be in “lock down”
- Travel insurance may not cover your expenses of the quarantine if you are required to spend a certain amount of time past your vacation days in quarantine.
So what is My Vacation Lady‘s suggestion?
As much as we hate to say this—- WAIT. Don’t head to an international destination yet. The earliest that we are recommending international travel is September and that can change.
My Vacation Lady is a top rated vacation and honeymoon planner. We want you to have a great vacation or honeymoon- but we don’t want you to travel until it’s safe. Please remember that we will be here for you when you are ready to travel again.