Oahu is not just Waikiki Beach or Pearl Harbor
In November 2022, Mr and Mrs My Vacation Lady spent 10 days in Oahu.
We have been to Oahu many times before but usually as a 2-4 day trip before heading to the other islands. We would use Oahu as a stop (after a long flight from the NYC area), go to Pearl Harbor or hike Diamond Head and check out some hotels to recommend to our clients.
This time, we ONLY went to Oahu and this is why:
- There are lots of nonstop flights from many different US cities going into Honolulu than the outer islands which makes is an easier trip.
- Hawaii’s prices have skyrocketed and inventory for some hotels and locations is scarce. Oahu (especially Waikiki) has a LOT of hotels with a lot more rooms to offer our clients- usually at a more reasonable price.
- You don’t need a car all of the time in Oahu, which we do recommend in Maui, Kauai and the Big Island.
- Oahu is so much more than Pearl Harbor and Waikiki. Once you leave the tourist areas, it is truly a stunning island to explore.
We stayed in 3 hotels during our stay
- 4 at the Hyatt Regency Waikiki
- 3 at Turtle Bay on the North Shore
- 2 at Hyatt Centric Waikiki
We visited a lot more:
- Alohilani Waikiki
- Twin Fin- formerly Aston Beach Hotel
- Waikiki Mariott
- Four Seasons Oahu at Ko’Olina
- Courtyard by Marriott North Shore
- Waikiki Beachcomber
- Outrigger Reef Waikiki
- Outrigger Waikiki on the Beach
- Sheraton Waikiki
We did activities and took day trips that we never did before. We did have a car for the length of our trip, which is something I typically don’t recommend to our clients since parking is so pricey at the hotels. We drove and explored parts of the island that we never explored before and came out with an entire new mindset of just staying in Oahu.
Over the next couple of weeks, we’ll start blogging more about what we did, what we saw, where we ate, what we loved and didn’t love.
As top rated honeymoon planners and Hawaii Destination Specialists, My Vacation Lady can help you plan your honeymoon or vacation to Hawaii- any of the islands.
**********WEDDING WIRE and THE KNOT APPROVED**********
Join our Facebook Group for ideas, tips and advice
Follow us on Instagram as well.
We know, because we go…..
Let us help you plan your Hawaii adventure!