My Vacation Lady is the top rated honeymoon specialist located in New Jersey according to the couples on both Wedding Wire and the Knot. We’ve been sending our clients on their dream honeymoons for over 20 years and have seen a lot of changes in honeymoon styles over the years.
We’ve spoken about many of these honeymoon styles but actually never put them all in one post.
Here are a few of the top honeymoon trends:
Minimoon – this is ideal for the honeymooners who can’t take a long honeymoon immediately after the wedding. Instead, they’ll take a few days and spend their first few days as a married couple somewhere close by but will still give them the opportunity to de-stress and just enjoy each other’s company. From the NY/NJ region, consider Bermuda, New England or even Quebec City.
Foodiemoon – These honeymooners LOVE food want want their honeymoon to include tons of great food. You know these people- their Instagram pages are filled with pictures of food :). Top choices for food inspired honeymoons-
- Europe- especially Italy, France and Spain
- Charleston, South Carolina is a new stateside food favorite
- Barbados, Aruba, Anguilla and St Marten in the Caribbean
- Thailand is becoming a hot spot for dining options and fun cooking classes
Adventuremoon – Always up for a thrill, these honeymooners want to rappel down waterfalls, hike on glaciers, zip through the tree tops, kayak, bike and explore new places. Best places for an adventuremoon:
- Costa Rica and Belize
- New Zealand
Boozeymoon: Not really the right word but for the honeymooners who love wine, craft beer, bourbon or whiskey and want to enjoy some of the best, these places would be some good choices:
- Napa or Sonoma;Tuscany, Italy; Burgundy, France; San Sebastian Spain; Marlborough, New Zealand for wine
- Munich, Germany for beer
- Scotland for whiskey
- Kentucky’s Bourbon Trail for bourbon
Ecomoon- These honeymooner don’t want to leave a carbon footprint. We’ve sent honeymooners to some neat properties in Costa Rica that are eco friendly and honeymoon worthy! Located in the rain forest these properties use natural sources for energy.
Glampingmoon– Glamping combines sleeping under the stars with five-star accommodations. If you’ve never heard of glamping before, this is one of the latest trends in honeymoons, as well as luxury travel.
- You can go glamping in Western Montana on a 37,000-acre ranch along the Blackfoot River. Three of the resort’s “honeymoon tents” come with an elegantly trussed feather bed, chic furnishings, a claw-foot tub for 2, and an large wooden deck with Adirondack chairs and comes with a butler!
- You can go luxe in the Golden Triangle, Thailand at the Four Seasons which offers 15 ultra luxurious tents.
- You can go glamping in luxurious South African tent lodges on a safari.
My Vacation Lady can help plan the honeymoon to fit your dreams. We won’t be the first to tell you that your honeymoon should be special but we are the right honeymoon specialists to make it special.