My Vacation Lady loves Hawaii and we send many of our clients to Hawaii for their honeymoons or dream vacations.
A while back, there was an article in the Huffington Post about what the top mistakes are that tourists make in Hawaii and knew that we could add more to their list.
These are Top mistakes when planning your Hawaii vacation from the Huffington Post article:
- Spending all your time in Waikiki
- Messing with Sea Turtles (yes, this is a major offense that could get you jail time)
- Not bringing cash with you (not all restaurants and shops take plastic)
- Keeping your shoes on in someone’s home
- Bringing home some sand or lava rock as a souvenir
- Not locking your car doors
- Honking your horn (really is against the Aloha Spirit)
Here are some other mistakes that many first timer’s make when planning a vacation to Hawaii.
- Not getting out and exploring on your own- it’s so easy to drive around the islands, so we always recommend renting a car
- Staying on 1 island for your entire vacation. We try to recommend visiting more than 1 island if you have more than a week- each is so different
- Trying to squeeze too many islands in 1 trip. There is so much to see and do in each island, we recommend giving yourself enough time to explore
- Only eating at the hotel or at chain restaurants. There are so many great restaurants on the islands to try, it would be a shame not to get out and sample local cuisine.
- Bringing fancy clothing. Hawaii is casual so leave the suits and ties at home.
- Thinking that all beaches are safe-there can be some dangerous rip tides so when the red flags are up, there is a good reason.
- Just laying on a beach with a drink in your hand- part of the beauty of Hawaii is seeing the islands. Beaches are great but the scenery is magnificent.
When My Vacation Lady customizes a honeymoon or vacation to Hawaii, we only start after a very in-depth conversation about what the clients want to experience. Not everyone will want to see and do the same thing so we’ll design your Hawaii experiences around your dreams and budget.