One of My Vacation Lady’s favorite honeymoon destinations is Hawaii. No if’s, and’s or but’s, we LOVE Hawaii and so do our honeymooners. For the friends and clients who know us, when we are in Hawaii, we are in our “Happy Place”
With 4 major islands, all so different, a honeymoon to Hawaii can be a honeymoon in paradise! It’s exotic, gorgeous and yet, still American. You will still use US $, drive on the right side of the road and speak English.
Our last trip to Maui and the Big Island was in late November/early December 2017. We stayed at some of our favorite hotels, explored new hotels, ate at some great restaurants that we hadn’t tried before and tried a couple of new activities.
Just to give a fast highlight and review of each of the major islands:
- Think Pearl Harbor, Waikiki Beach, and surfing but Oahu is so much more.
- Imagine walking along the beach in the early evening with the city lights twinkling as your backdrop.
- Enjoy a couples massage in a garden or overlooking the ocean.
- Explore 112 miles of sandy beaches.
- Discover the charm of the North Shore and make sure to visit one of the infamous shrimp trucks.
- Drive to the town of Haleiwa and try Matsumoto Shave Ice. Enjoy a Dole Whip at the Dole Pineapple Factory.
- Kayak to the Mokulua Islands off of beautiful Kailua Beach.
- Explore the Koolau mountains by horseback at Kualoa Ranch and perhaps see some of the sites where LOST was filmed.
- Hike up Diamond Head Crater.
- Take a surfing lesson
- Go on a sunset sail
- swim with wild dolphins
- Waikiki is your nightlife spot of all of the Hawaiian Islands. Between the tons of restaurants and bars and clubs, you don’t have to stop when the sun sets.
Consistently voted one of them most romantic islands in the world and the best island for honeymoons, Maui is the perfect combination of top rated hotels, beautiful beaches and activities that you won’t find anywhere else.
- Imagine being taken up to the top of a dormant volcano to see the most spectacular of sunrises and then biking down (or we should say coasting down the mountain)
- Drive the Road to Hana and explore beautiful waterfalls, black sand beaches and the most beautiful scenery all along the way.
- Enjoy dinner overlooking the ocean at some of the finest restaurants where the catch of the day has been caught that afternoon.
- Walk along the beach walk from Polo Beach to Wailea Beach, along Ka’anapali Beach from the Hyatt to the Sheraton or along the Kapalua Beach watching some fantastic sunsets as the sun sets over the ocean.
- Absorb the culture of Hawaii at a luau. Maui has the best luaus of all the islands and ask us about the most authentic or the “gourmet” luau and which might be best for you.
- Take an outrigger canoe experience and learn how the Hawaiian people cherish the land and sea.
- Take a snorkel or dive cruise to Molikini – a horse shaped crescent just off the coast of Maui.
- Go whale and dolphin watching in the winter months.
- Enjoy a beachfront couples massage overlooking the Pacific.
- Spend time relaxing at some of the best resorts in the world.
Another name for Kauai is the “island of love!” Elvis Presley even wrote a song about it in the hit movie, Blue Hawaii! Kauai remains a memorable secluded Hawaiian place that seems to be untouched by today’s commercial development. Beautiful Kauai is beyond compare. It is an island for the senses, a tropical paradise blessed with sunshine, majestic mountains, waterfalls, rainbows and wide sandy beaches. It is paradise waiting to be shared, a promise kept.
- Drive up to Waimea Canyon– the Grand Canyon of the Pacific or take a helicopter excursion over it and see the vast beauty of the central part of Kauai.
- Take a snorkel tour to the Napali Coast or if you want a bit more activity, you can hike the 11 mile trail.
- Kayak along the state’s only navigable river
- Drive up close to see some beautiful waterfalls.
- Watch sea turtles coming in to feed along the Poipu coastline in the early morning or later afternoon.
- Zipline through the tree canopy.
- Follow the path to many of the spots where Hollywood filmed TV shows and movies. Think of Jurassic Park and more recently, the Decendants
- Drive along the North Shore and stop and picnic at secluded beaches along the way.
- Enjoy dinner and a gorgeous sunset at the Poipu restaurant with one of the world’s most famous sunsets.
- Let the gorgeous scenery be your entertainment.
The BIG ISLAND (Hawaii)
When you get off the plane in the Big Island, you’ll realize very quickly that there is no other place on earth like this. Take some time to relax and indulge in the comforts of Hawaii Island’s finest resorts, beaches and restaurants. Then set out on some romantic day-trips, finding waterfalls in and around Hilo, exploring the lava tubes and trails of Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, and sharing unforgettable views at the Pololu Valley Lookout and the Waipio Valley Lookout.
Whether you want to relax with a game of golf at one of the island’s 17 courses, or swim with manta rays, memorable honeymoon experiences are endless on Hawaii Island. Some of the world’s top resorts are on the Big Island, as well as more moderate resorts and condo hotels to fit every budget and dream.
- How about a couples massage in a spa hale right at the water’s edge?
- Want to swim with the dolphins? You can do that on the Big Island too.
- Star gazing is one of the more popular evening excursions. We can arrange a tour up to the top of Mauna Kea. Perched 13,796 feet above sea level, you will feel as if you are watching the heavens.
- Visit a coffee plantation
- Visit Black and Green Sand beaches and see some sea turtles resting on the shores.
- Take a helicopter tour over the volcano and if you’re lucky, you’ll see lava flowing into the ocean, making the Big Island even bigger.
- Take a twilight adventure tour of the volcano and see the lava flowing in the evening!
- Some of the best snorkeling and scuba diving are off the coast of the big island.
- Snorkel with manta rays at night or watch them from the viewing point at the Mauna Kea Resort.
- Enjoy farm to table restaurants.
If this isn’t enough to whet your appetite for a honeymoon to Hawaii, click here for more of what Hawaii is all about.
My Vacation Lady is a Hawaii Destination Specialist in addition to being the highest rated honeymoon specialist located in NJ on both Wedding Wire and the Knot, We have been there, we’ve experienced it and we can customize a fabulous honeymoon to the Hawaii Islands just for the 2 of you.
Contact Us and let us customize your dream honeymoon to Hawaii.