Italy is going to be one of our top requested destinations for both honeymoons and vacations for 2019 for the clients of My Vacation Lady.
Just the other day, we had a consultation with a client whose dream was to take another vacation to really SEE Italy with her significant other. She wanted to make this big birthday celebration really memorable. While she had been to Rome and Naples many years ago and visited the town her grandmother was born in, she had never seen Tuscany or the seaside of Italy. Did she want Cinque Terre or the Amalfi Coast?
It’s a hard decision to make since each area has its own unique draw.
- It would be easier to get to Cinque Terre if she was going to be in Florence or Tuscany
- But since they were going to be in Rome as well, the Amalfi Coast is equally as easy to get to from Naples (1 hour 10 minutes by rail from Rome). We’ll also give our clients the choice of including a private 2 hour tour of Pompeii before their private transfers to their hotel in the Amalfi Coast.
- For the more luxurious hotels- Amalfi Coast has Cinque Terre beat.
- For better hiking, Cinque Terre is famed for hiking paths between the 5 towns. It can get very crowded in the summer and the hiking paths become very crowded- but what a view!
- For cooler weather in the summer- Cinque Terre. It’s in the north.
Our clients were intrigued by the uniqueness of both areas but in the end, opted for the Amalfi Coast area where they could do some day trips (Capri, Mt Vesuvius, towns in Amalfi as a couple of examples). And they loved the idea of the cliffside luxury hotels overlooking the sea.
This article may really help you decide which seaside destination is right for you.
The team at My Vacation Lady can help guide you in the right direction. We have the resources and travel partners at our finger tips to help you decide the best option and itinerary for your dream vacation or honeymoon to Italy. Let our team help you plan your memories into a seamless, stress free vacation or honeymoon package.