Your honeymoon to the Caribbean will be here before you know it and with the craziness of the wedding and life in general, My Vacation Lady always recommends packing in advance OR at least getting things ready before the wedding so you don’t have to do a mad dash out to the mall the day before you leave for your honeymoon.
Every island in the Caribbean is a bit different in what you may need to pack but this should cover a good deal of the different destinations.
Things you definitely want to take:
- Your covid vaccine card AND a copy of your negative covid test (required based on your destination)
- A wedding invitation- to present upon check in. Since you won’t have your marriage license if your honeymoon is right after the wedding, a wedding invitation will work as proof of marriage for your honeymoon package.
- Good sunscreen—the sun is stronger in the Caribbean. Reef safe sunscreen is the best. You can always buy more in the resort gift shops at double or triple the price you would pay here.
- Mosquito repellent- especially if you are planning on going on excursions or even for dinners at some of the out door dining venues
Things you might not have thought of:
- Sneakers or walking shoes- especially if you are doing some hiking.
- Water shoes – in case the beach is a bit rocky OR if you are going to climb Dunn’s River Falls in Jamaica.
- Long pants and a pair of closed shoes for men. Many restaurants at all inclusive resorts will have a dress code and shorts and flip flops are not allowed for men.
- A sweater or light jacket— it can get cooler at night
- Beach towel clips or some bright wrap or bag that you can leave on your lounge chairs to help you find them.
- Your driver’s license, if you are planning to rent a car.
- A credit card- not a debit card. Even if you are going to an all inclusive resort, the hotels will require a credit card for on resort purchases. Some will put a hold on the card and you don’t want to tie up that money on a debit card.
- Dryer sheets– sounds odd but, yes, by rubbing the dryer sheet on your beach towel and lounge chair, you can ward off some mosquitoes.
Some things you should always pack for a tropical honeymoon:
- Extra contact lenses or glasses.
- A hat
- Extra bathing suits (nothing is worse than putting on a damp bathing suit)
- A beach bag
- Pepto Bismol or Immodium- Many times, we’ll eat or drink differently than at home and we don’t want stomach issues to prevent you from having a great time on your honeymoon.
My Vacation Lady is the top rated honeymoon specialist located in New Jersey by the couples on both Wedding Wire and the Knot. We won’t be the first to tell you that your honeymoon should be special but we certainly will help make it special!