When it’s cold and snowy in their home town, many of My Vacation Lady‘s clients want to escape to somewhere warm and sunny.
The problem is—– so does everyone else and that’s why the winter months are the most expensive time to travel to somewhere tropical and beachy. There are some ways to get away that won’t break the bank.
Here are 5 tips on how to plan an affordable winter getaway:
- Be flexible with the dates you can travel. Avoid holiday weekends- Martin Luther King’s Birthday, Valentine’s Day, President’s Day, and definitely avoid Christmas and Easter week and Spring Break. Airfare will be much higher than other travel dates. Check on which days of the week the flights may be cheaper and plan accordingly. If you can save a couple of hundred $$ by traveling midweek, that is more money to spend having fun.
- Book as far in advance as possible. A lot of resorts will offer early booking discounts to those that book early. Also, as flights fill up, the prices tend to increase or you won’t get the flights you want so booking early is always a good idea.
- Book an all inclusive resort. Since meals and beverages will be included, while it may seem like the price is higher, your out of pocket expenses will be less. Also, many all inclusive resorts will include non motorized water sports and entertainment so you’ll have more to do without spending a lot of money.
- Look into some off season destinations. While islands like Bermuda may not be beach weather in the winter, the weather is still moderate and it’s a great time to get some good deals at the resorts. If you play golf or tennis or want a relaxing spa getaway, destinations like Bermuda may be just the place to be— moderate prices, nice weather and less crowds.
- Check out some adventure destinations. When everyone is trying to soak up the sun on the beach, try an adventure vacation in Costa Rica, Belize, or Panama. While not known only for beaches, they offer a combination of beach and adventure and the prices may not be as high as a week at an all inclusive beach resort.
The best thing to do is to consult a trusted travel adviser who can guide you to the best destination and resorts for you based on your dreams and budget. The team at My Vacation Lady has decades of experience planning our client’s vacations and honeymoons so give us a call to help you get out of the cold this winter.
Always remember that we are