With all the planning that it takes to put together a great vacation or honeymoon, My Vacation Lady likes to offer a few pre-vacation or pre-honeymoon planning tips that you might not think about.
Pre- Vacation Check List
3 Months Before
- Make sure your passport is valid for 6 months past your return date. If it isn’t renew it right away.
1-2 Months Before
- Make sure that any upcoming bills are set up on automatic bill pay.
- Arrange care for your pet.
- Make copies of your passports or check out this new passport APP
- Make sure you have electronic copies of all itineraries, vouchers, travel insurance policy info, etc, along with the numbers to call in case your credit card is lost or stolen.
- Send a copy of your itinerary, including hotel phone numbers to family or friends.
- Check with your airline for their most up to date luggage and carry on allowances.
- Buy a luggage scale.
- Check with your mobile phone carrier to find out about roaming and international data charges in advance. Consider renting an international phone if
- Check to see if you will need any electric converters and make sure you have the right ones with you. You might want to bring a couple with you if you are going to need to charge a phone + camera + other electronics.
1-2 Weeks Before
- Contact the bank that issued your ATM cards and tell them you will be traveling so they don’t put a freeze on your account when international purchases starting being charged.
- Contact your credit card companies to tell them you will be traveling.
- Order foreign currency from your bank so you don’t arrive without any cash, just in case we can’t find an ATM immediately. Many banks will ship the currency to you.
- Check with your mobile phone carrier to find out about roaming and international data charges in advance. Consider renting an international phone if you plan on using it a lot during your trip.’
- If you take prescription medication, make sure you have enough for the entire trip and take a few extras, just in case you are delayed in coming home.
- Make a list of all prescription medications you take and tuck it inside your carry on so that you have it in case you need to refill any medications while you are away.
- Have your mail held or ask a neighbor to take it in.
- Put your lights on timers to make your home look lived-in
- DON’T announce your vacation on social media if your home will be left empty.
Have a wonderful vacation and remember that if you have questions or issues while on your vacation or honeymoon, My Vacation Lady and our trusted travel suppliers are only a phone call or email away!
My Vacation Lady’s goal is to offer you the most seamless and stress free vacation and honeymoon planning and a great vacation or honeymoon experience!