You love children. You might have your own or work with them every day but when you are on your honeymoon, do you want to be surrounded by kids?
If hearing Marco Polo being yelled from every corner of the swimming pool or if going to amusement or theme parks is your idea of a dream honeymoon, then read no further.
If your idea of your dream honeymoon is tranquility and peace, serenity and the 2 of you in romantic destination, then you might want to read a bit more.
During your honeymoon consultation with My Vacation Lady, one of the questions we will ask is whether you want an adult only resort or whether you are OK with resorts that cater to families.
We can recommend many fabulous adult only resorts or ones that will not allow kids under 16 or ones that don’t have any facilities for children so that there may not be many or any kids on the property. If you like the activity and noise and fun of a family oriented resort, we can obviously recommend other properties to fit that request.
Here are some tips to avoid children during your honeymoon:
- If you can be flexible with dates, don’t travel during the summer months OR if you have to take your honeymoon during the summer, choose an adult only resort, or at least one with an adult only pool.
- Try to avoid taking your honeymoon during Christmas week or the weeks before of after Easter. These are peak times family vacation times.
- Certain destinations will be more family friendly than others. Hawaii, Tahiti and Fiji are going to be family friendly but certain hotels may be more adult oriented that others
- Opt for smaller and more intimate resorts that don’t have facilities for children or try to avoid ones with water slides, lazy rivers, and free children’s programs.
- Choose a more remote destination. The harder it is to get there, the less likely parents will be to take their children.
- Opt for a more deluxe or luxurious property. While they may not be child-free, many parents of young children may not be able to afford the higher prices that these properties come with.
- Rely on a trusted travel advisor or honeymoon specialist, like My Vacation Lady to steer you in the right direction.
We may not be the first to tell you that your honeymoon should be special but we are the right honeymoon specialists to make it special.